Monday, July 6, 2026

Arizona Trip April 2026 - Day 8 Part 1: One More Night

 Monday, April 20, 2026

On the road after breakfast.





Got into Kansas City in the afternoon. 
After getting settled into the hotel we headed straight for the tiki bar.
Kon Tiki turned out to be quite a wonderful place. Jacob, our bartender, and Kayla, our server, were both wonderful.
Dale got some beer and I started out with the Pain Killer. Very well made. Not syrupy and not oversweet.
We got a couple appetizers: brussels sprouts and deep fried shrimp. 

For round 2 Dale got some white wine and I got the Mai Tai. Also VERY well made. 
                   
For dinner Dale got the grilled platter and I had the stir fry. 
For dessert I got the Cafe Lani which was a nonalcoholic drink made up of Cafe Corazon blend coffee, Coco Lopez, and coconut water. Very satisfying. 
The service was fantastic and very friendly. Our servers told us a new chef had been hired recently who revamped the whole menu. The food, by the way, was out of this world. The new chef actually stopped out to say hello to us. We let him know how much we loved the food. The decor of the place was fabulous. However, the music was not great although not terrible either. Instead of surf or exotica they played a kind of over-commercial sounding smooth jazz. It was all unShazam-able so I couldn't even find out what it was. That was the only thing I could find to bitch about. I'll still give the place an overall A+. We had such a great time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment