Sunday, July 12, 2026

Arizona Trip July 2026 - Day 5, Part 4: Hula's Modern Tiki

Friday, July 10, 2026 

On the way home from the Phoenix Art Museum Dale and I stopped for happy hour and an early dinner at Hula's Modern Tiki. This is another place we stop just about every trip. We've really come to enjoy it. It's got lot's of windows and is bright and sunny. It looks out on a busy Phoenix city street and is in a very charming mid-century neighborhood. Service is always good here too. 

Dale went with white wine. I started with the Painkiller. 

Yum yum yum. This is just about my favorite tiki cocktail. 

For food we started out with the Hawaiian ceviche. Delicious. 

For my second drink I went with their Blue Hawaiian. 
Probably my other favorite tiki drink. This was the first tiki drink I ever had over at Bandana Square in St. Paul when I turned 19 years old. Back in the day that was the legal drinking age so it was also the first drink I had legally. 

Dale and I both got Caesar salads for dinner. I had mine with shrimp and Dale had his with salman. We've had these here before and they're very delicious and filling. 

I also ordered a side of fried plantains to share. This could also work as a dessert. 

The guy sitting next to us asked if we lived in the neighborhood. I told him no and where we're actually from. I asked him the same question. Turns out he's living in the Phoenix metro much farther out  but that he was raised in the neighborhood Hula's is in. He said he loved it as a place to grow up. Dale and I have talked before about how if we lived in Phoenix this is where we'd like to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment